A certain mindset is necessary to manage the daily fluctuations of happiness & pain. Being a survivor of chronic pain (arthritis in 13 joints all over my body, including toes), I am very experienced at managing it. My #1 rule: focus on the happiness in your life to get through the pain.
This page is an attempt to share with you, fellow humans, my process of finding & managing happiness. If it benefits you in any way (puts a smile on your face, inspires or motivates, etc.) please leave a comment below, it’ll lessen my pain. Thank you for reading, this is my 4-step protocol for Managing Happiness:
- Quantify your happiness
- Find inspiration
- Start looking for happiness – easy or not-so-easy ways
- Still struggling? Use science to find happiness
Quantify Your Happiness
- Chicago Ideas Week: Quotes for Change – we all need inspiration to make those tough decisions in life. Start with these quotes from superstars of humanity
Simple Ways to Find Happiness
- 10 Tips About Life, People & Happiness – a consolidated list from @Julien’s list of 100 Tips.
- A Time To Hug – one way to find a happy place
- New Research Suggests: find happiness by giving – Give, accept, reciprocate…
- Create Good Karma – find happiness by being kind to others, and others will be kind to you
- Volunteer – scientific research suggests that volunteering leads to better health, therefore happiness
Abstract Ways to Find Happiness
- The Benefits of Randomness – finding a way out of a jam (boredom, traffic, or a bad day)
- Tom’s Happy Melody of the Week – a list of You Tube’d songs that Tom uses to cheer up
- Chimpanzees: the grandparents of society – the benefit of learning from and protecting the past
- The Bohr Model of Friends – managing energy levels and relationships
- The Therapy of Writing – documenting your life to identify patterns & trends, problems & solutions
- Meditation and Neuroplasticity – you can change your brain.
The Science Behind Happiness
- Happiness Research – scientists all over the world are studying happiness. These are some of their reports.